Helen Schifferle RN, CDE, Cert 1v in Training and Assessment - DIABETIC EDUCATOR
Helen has 30 years experience working in the health industry in both public and private health sectors. More recently her focus has been working in the primary health care setting. She conducts diabetes education clinics in medical practices and pharmacies in the North Brisbane and Sunshine Coast areas. All diabetes education sessions are based on best practice including the latest guidelines, and are presented in an easy to understand format providing up to date knowledge and technology which aim to provide clients with a better understanding of self managing their diabetes.
* Type 1 Diabetes
* Type 2 Diabetes
* Diabetes in Children
* Diabetes in Pregnancy
* Gestational Diabetes (GDM)
* Patients who are commencing insulin and other newly listed injectables
Helen also conducts lectures and information sessions to Health Care Professional on the management of diabetes and related topics. These are conducted in retirement villages, hospitals, health practices and clinics on a as need and individual request basis.
Consulting from Bli Bli Clinic once a month on a Friday
Offering Bulk Billing with GP Referrals
Ph: (07) 3293 1168
Sunshine Coast Rehabilitation and Exercise Physiology
Exercise Physiologists are allied health professional equipped with the knowdege, skills and competencies to design, deliver and evaluate safe and effective exercise interventions for people with acute, sub-acute or chronic medical conditions, injuries or disabilities.
Exercise Physiologists are required to complete a 4 year degree studying areas of anatomy, pathophysiology, biomechanic, physiology and exercise prescription for the treatment and management of chronic disease as well as the general population for weight managment and overall fitness.
Exercise Physiologists are covered by most private health funds in both individual or group consultations and Medicare's Chronic Disease Management Plan (CDM). They are also recognised providers for services under the Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA), National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), Workers Compensation Australia Wide, Compulsory Third Party Insurers (CTP) as well as life insurance companies.
Our exercise physiologists can help:
* Accelerate recovery from pain and injury (such as lower back and knee pain)
* Manage and improve a health or medical condition (such as cancer, diabetes or arthritis)
* Reduce the risk of developing a health or medical condition (such as heart disease)
* Improve bone, joint and muscle health (especially important as you age)
* Improve balance and coordination (to reduce the likelihood of falls)
* Improve your heart and lung health, and decrease your blood pressure
* Decrease your weight and body fat levels (to improve all aspects of your health)
* Improve your mental well being (reduce stress, depression or anxiety)
* Pregnancy conditioning (pre and post natal health and fitness)
* Improve your sports performance/sports specific conditioning
* Improve your core stability and posture
Consulting from Kuluin Clinic
Offering Bulk Billing with GP Referrals
Ph: 0452 207 189
Fax: (07) 5335 1255
Dr Bernard Tamba-Lebbie - Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr Tamba-Lebbie recently celebrated 20 years since his qualification from the the University of Otago. To understand what the patient needs, Dr Tamba-Lebbie believes in listening to the patient, examining the patient and explaining findings to the patient and suggestions inititally through non-operative means. Surgery can be useful in a lot of conditions that Dr Tamba-Lebbie sees but most patients do not end up having surgery if they undertake simple preventative measure.
Dr Tamba-Lebbie's main interest is in joint replacement and keyhole surgery.
Ph: (07) 5452 5844
Consulting from Bli Bli Clinic once per month
"Dusk till Dawn" Sleep Centre
Established in 2014 to provide sleep services to the Sunshine Coast. The vision for Dusk till Dawn Sleep Centre is to continue being a patient focused service that supports general practice and specialists by providing a professional, timely and flexible service. Our commitment to patient care is demonstrated by our relationships with referring doctors and rapidly growing business.
Dusk till Dawn Sleep Centre offers a range of services including:
* Bulk Billed Diagnostic Home Sleep Studies
* Home Sleep Studies for Children (fee applies)
* CPAP Treatment/Trial
* Oximetry Reviews
* Continual ongoing consults and reviews
* Alternative treatment options
* Distributor CPAP Devices and parts
Please phone 07 5455 6622
Consulting from Bli Bli Clinic on a Thursday afternoon